Join us May 18-19, 2017 in Copenhagen for the first Z-Wave Summit in 2017!
This 2-day event includes Developer's Forum, Marketing Working Group Meeting and a social evening to network with fellow Alliance members. Attending this event can help you:
- Gain valuable industry knowledge and market insights
- Reduce your time to market
- Leverage PR & marketing resources to promote your brand and increase sales
- Networking opportunities
|Thursday, May 18th 10:30 to 18:00|
|10:30||Check-In / Coffee Break|
|Alliance Welcome - Mitch Klein, Executive Director|
Director, Smart Home Strategies
| Matti Kahola
|13:00-18:00||Technical Track: Developer's Forum **See details below|
|Marketing Track: Marketing Working Group **see details below|
|Includes afternoon coffee break|
|18:30||Member Evening Event - Sponsorsed by:
|Friday, May 19th 8:00 to 15:00|
|8:30-9:00||Check-In / Coffee & Light Breakfast|
|9:00 - 12:00||Technical Track: Developer's Forum|
|Marketing Track: Marketing Working Group|
|13:00 - 15:00||Technical Track: Developer's Forum|
|Marketing Track: Marketing Working Group|
Developer's Forum & Unplug Fest
The Developer's Forum is a 2-day technical event is open to Z-Wave Alliance Full and Principal Members' engineering staff. This event will reduce your time to market, provide you with the most current technology and development tips and tricks and is a great opportunity to collaborate with fellow Alliance members. Highlights include:
- Security S2: The basics of Security S2 including what the SDKs offer to implement S2. What requirements does S2 add to production of Z-Wave products.
- Certification and tools: Mirko Klefker from Pepper One will share tips and tricks that can ease the certification process, but also present services offered by Pepper One. He will present status and future of the certification portal and the Certification Test Tools (including how S2 is handled in the new version of CTT).
- Z-Wave roadmap & "Smart Start": Z-Wave Product Manager Thomas Mortensen will present the roadmap of Z-Wave both on the hardware and software. Thomas will also give a high level overview of the soon to be released "Smart Start" SDK version where automated inclusion and factory/shop pre-paring of Z-Wave products becomes possible.
- Certified Installer Tool (CIT): Rick Tinker from the Z-Wave Alliance will give an introduction to the soon-to-be-released Certified Installer Tool. After the introduction there will be a possibility try the tool live.
- Application Framework & Distributed Network: Carsten Steffensen will give a short introduction to the Z-Wave Application Framework available in the Embedded Development Kit. Kim Nielsen from Logic Home Control will share his experience with using the Application Framework. Finally Carsten will talk about distributed control in Z-Wave network.
- Z/IP Gateway, (Public Z-Wave, OpenT2T, OCF): Hans Kröner gives a short presentation of the Z/IP gateway and some of the Z/IP Clients available. He will also be talking about the open source clients available.
- HomeKit & IFTTT: Thomas Mortensen will explain how the HomeKit app from Apple can integrate with the Z-Wave. He will also talk about the IFTTT integration made for Z-Wave.
- The Command Class Process & Z-Wave Architecture Development: Nicolas Obiot and Anders Brandt from Sigma Designs R&D team will talk about the Command Class process, including the Expert Review, Open Review - who are the stakeholder in the Command Class process. There will be a talk about the Next-gen Sensor Expert Group.
- Q&A session with Sigma Designs R&D: First day of the summit we will have a fishbowl where you can write questions. These questions will be answer by Z-Wave R&D engineers during this session. This is an open session where you have the possibility to meet some of the Z-Wave R&D engineers to an unofficial engineer to engineer talk also.
- Plus Much More!
Marketing Working Group
The Marketing Working Group (MWG) is open to all Affiliate, Full and Principal Members' marketing staff. The goal of the MWG is to engage Z-Wave Alliance members in the marketing and promotion of the Z-Wave brand and technology, establishing "Z-Wave as The Standard in Wireless Home Control". All Z-Wave Alliance members engaged in a marketing role within their company are encouraged to participate. Join us for creative and strategic sessions that will include hands-on workshops, guest speakers and up-to-date market insights and channel trends. We will cover such topics as:
- PR: Z-Wave & Smart Home in the EU: Trends, Predictions and Opportunities To Boost Your PR & Marketing Efforts.
- Panel Discussion - Energy: The Connected Home will play a major role to help energy suppliers reduce costs from their governmnet driven energy efficiency objectives; improve customer acquisition and retenetion and create new revenue streams. The panel will explore some of the programs already in place and what opportunities are on the horizon.
- Z-Wave brand and what it means for your business: Presented by brand expert, Leendart Tange, Partner and Co-Founder of Storeage, Inc.
- Panel Discussion - Retail: Retailers of smart home products are reporting some success by making the initial purchase, or entry point, an easy one. By offering a simple and highly understandable value proposition -- like automating lighting or controlling the thermostat -- for a good value, consumers will make the first step into IoT at home. However, challenges with installation and support as well as education of the consumer about the benefits of the connected home continue to create barriers for retaiers and etailers. This panel will address some of the best ways to overcome these challenges and open up the do-it-yourself market to win repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Building a Brand With Consumers: Retail ToolKit, Z-Wave.com and blog
- Market Certification: What you need to know
- Z-Wave Trade Show & Events: Member Opportunities
- Member Marketing Resources: Z-Wave Alliance Member Website Tutorial and resource guides
- Plus Much More!
Conveniently located near the Copenhagen Aiport, the event will be held at:
Tivoli Hotel and Congress Center
Arni Magnussons Gade 2 - 4
DK-1577 København V
A special rate has been established for Z-Wave Alliance Members at the Tivoli Hotel and Congress Center. Reservation link provided at registration.
- Developer's Forum: Participation fee $150/per attendee. Includes both days, lunch, AM & PM breaks and Member Social Event
- Marketing Working Group: participate fee is $50/per attendee. Includes both days, lunch, AM & PM breaks and Member Social Event
We are happy to answer any questions. Please email Janet Collins at email@example.com.
**Note, you will need to login to the member website to complete registration. If you need assistance with your login, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org**
We look forward to seeing you in Copenhagen!
About Developer's Forum
The purpose of the Z-Wave Alliance Developer's Forum & Unplug Fest is to provide an informal venue for members to bring their wares and test them with other vendor's equipment. It also serves as an opportunity to share development tips and tricks and the latest information on protocol and platform extensions. A key benefit is the opportunity for personal networking and collaboration. Participating in the Unplug Fest has been proven to reduce time and cost-to-market as well as being an enormous learning opportunity personally and professionally for all engineers participating.
The Developer's Forum & Unplug Fest is strictly a technical event. The Z-Wave Alliance understands the valid concerns members may have about participating with new products or prototypes of yet-to-be announced solutions. Recognizing this, and in line with the objectives of the Unplug Fest, the Z-Wave Alliance has established a set of simple ground rules. Only technical personnel from member companies participating in the event will be permitted into the event. Alliance members with released products or products that will be released soon are strongly encouraged to participate in person or if unable to attend to provide benchmark product samples for this event. Interoperability is a critical requirement of consumers and a key strength of Z-Wave and the Z-Wave Alliance. The Developer's Forum & Unplug Fest meetings are helping to secure and further extend this strength.