- The Z-Wave Pavilion will be cohosted by Z-Wave Europe and the Z-Wave Alliance in Hall 6.2a, Booth 141 with more than twenty leading smart home brands
- Exhibitors present new products and demonstrate variety in Z-Wave ecosystem
Hohenstein-Ernstthal, 31/08/2017 – Z-Wave Europe, the leading European Value Added Distributor for Z-Wave based wireless home automation, in cooperation with the Z-Wave Alliance, a global membership organization dedicated to advancing the Z-Wave IoT standard will host the Z-Wave Pavilion at the IFA from the 1st to 6th September in Berlin.
With more than 20 exhibitors at the Z-Wave Pavilion, Z-Wave will be the dominating wireless technology in the smart home area this year again. The Z-Wave Alliance now boasts over 600 member companies and a certified device portfolio now surpassing 2100 Z-Wave certified devices in the market.
As the global smart home market opportunity grows, companies continue to understand the need for strong mesh networking with broad and future-proof compatibility to deliver the smart home promise to consumers. Focusing on interoperability, compatibility and security is valued by a growing number of manufacturers who join the Alliance and equip their own products with Z-Wave technology.
New products demonstrate variety and manufacturer independence
More than 20 exhibitors from different application areas will showcase products and services for intelligent connected homes under the roof of the Z-Wave Pavilion.
New Z-Wave smart home devices featured at the show include:
- Oomi will launch a completely new product-portfolio at IFA including standard smart home devices, e.g. switches, sensors, lighting technology and wall plugs. Next to that they are also presenting a portable controller (“Oomi Touch”) with touch display as well as a multifunctional camera, which can be used as controller. Along with Z-Wave technology, the Oomis Touch features Bluetooth LE, integrated sensors, a speaker, microphone and a 360° infrared function, which makes you able to control your TV. Thanks to Z-Wave, all Oomi devices are compatible with different single devices and gateways of other manufacturers.
- Swiid is a French company focused on Z-Wave enabled control devices. This year, Swiid will showcase static and portable control solutions such as ZURC, the first combined remote control for Z-Wave and IR commands. With the ZURC it will be possible to control Z-Wave devices such as lighting, heating or shutters and infrared devices (such as air conditioning, TV, radio) as well.
- Danfoss and Eurotronic, two providers for heating control technologies, are going to showcase their new thermostats as world first. The “Spirit Z-Wave Plus” is a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV), designed for water-based radiators. The soon available device has a compact and modern style rounded form with clearly visible display at the top side and local control buttons. Its special feature is the so called FLIRS functionality which allows real time reaction. Danfoss will display its second generation TRV which has also the display at the top side. Furthermore, the device has intuitive control, twisting like an ordinary radiator valve. Additionally, the visitors can have a look on the new floor heating control which will be available exclusively through Z-Wave Europe distribution for the coming heating season
- Smart home pioneer POPP will showcase the new Keypad for door access control. The Keypad can be used for outdoor installation due to its high-quality aluminum housing. Besides the functionality as access control within a complete Z-Wave home automation network, it can be connected to door controller via Z-Wave directly. Popp will showcase this at it IFA counter by using the Keypad and an own electronic door controller as well.
- Qubino (Goap) will bring along to Berlin the world‘s first smart power meter for 3-phase electrical installation. This device that will be installed on a DIN rail mounting in the control cabinet allows you to measure and monitor the total power consumption of a house as well as of single 3-phase devices, just as heat pump, induction cooker or sauna.
- Z-Wave manufacturer Sensative expands its product portfolio and presents two new ultra-thin Strips sensors. The "Strips Guard" is a contact sensor, which can be mounted almost invisibly on the frame inside of doors and windows to monitor them. The "Strips Comfort" measures temperature and brightness. The "Strips Drip" is a water sensor that protects against flood damage, which can occur when a water pipe is damaged. Thanks to its extremely thin design, the sensor can be placed directly under washing and dishwashing machines.
- Connection Technology Systems (CTS) will showcase their brand-new IoT solutions with live demonstrations, including the iCPE Z-Wave Plus certified smart gateway.
- Saykey Technology will showcase their Z-Wave smart home product lineup including: a smart home kit, door/window sensor, motion sensor, remote control, and smart remote.
- Schwaiger will show the voice control compatibility of their Gateway HA101 through the cloud-based voice service Amazon Alexa for the first time. The smart loudspeaker with built-in microphones, Amazon Echo, accesses Alexa and allows users to control the SCHWAIGER HOME4YOU devices with the Gateway HA101, as well as music and apps. At the IFA 2017, consumers can test the interplay between the SCHWAIGER Gateway HA101 und Amazon Alexa.
- Heatit (Thermofloor) will show their line of new thermostat and smart temperature control Z-Wave Plus certified products.
- Vision will demonstrate their new U-Bell Keypad & Outdoor Siren a smart alarm product, that can distinguish between different events with different ringtones. Keypad is a scene controller for home security systems and Outdoor siren is a powerful siren featuring temperature detection that can be used outdoors.
- Gerber Home will showcase their plug and play PrimeSwitch dongle with built-in motion temperature and light sensors, and PrimeBox standalone relay box with an embedded gateway component.
Z-Wave Europe organizes Z-Wave Pavilion again
Together with the Z-Wave Alliance and Z-Wave Europe, the following companies will be present with product and brand presentations at the community booth:
- Aeotec (Aeon Labs)
- FireAngel (Sprue)
- Gerber Communication
- MCO Home
- Heatit (Thermo-Floor)
- Qubino (Goap)
- Schwaiger „Home4You“
The Z-Wave Pavilion at IFA 2017 will be situated in hall 6.2a, booth 141.
About Z-Wave Europe GmbH
Z-Wave Europe based in Hohenstein-Ernstthal pioneered in importing the first Z-Wave products to Europe as a Value Added Reseller in 2008. Since then Z-Wave Europe has been the leading Value Added Distributor for Z-Wave based wireless home automation controls facing high and steady growth in its business. Under its slogan “We make life easier” the company provides products and services to transform houses, apartments and offices into smart homes. The company sells exclusively Z-Wave certified devices to wholesalers and distributors.
According to a study by Focus magazine and Statista, Z-Wave Europe was honored 2016 and 2017 as „Growth Champion“ and thereby belongs to the 500 strongest grown companies in Germany within the last six years. Besides this Z-Wave Europe was honored as one of the best companies in “IT-Service“ category in INNOVATIONSPREIS-IT 2016 contest and is listed in the “list of the best 2016” (www.it-service-bestenliste.de).
In close cooperation with the Z-Wave Alliance (www.zwavealliance.org), Z-Wave Europe promotes the dissemination of Z-Wave technology as the largest existing ecosystem for wireless home automation. Together with Z-Wave.Me, a Swiss-German-Russian company, Z-Wave Europe develops software for various applications including "Z-Way", the first certified Z-Wave controller software.
Further information can be found on the company's website at www.zwave.eu.
Z-Wave® technology is an open internationally recognized ITU standard (G.9959). It is the leading wireless home control technology in the market today, with 2100 certified interoperable products worldwide. Represented by the Z-Wave Alliance, and supported by more than 600 companies around the world, the standard is a key enabler of smart living solutions for home safety and security, energy, hospitality, office and light commercial applications.
Z-Wave® is a registered trademark of Sigma Designs (NASDAQ SIGM) and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
About the Z-Wave Alliance
Formed in January 2005, the Z-Wave Alliance is a consortium of leading companies in the home technology space dedicated to solidifying Z-Wave as the standard for wireless home control products. The principal members include: ADT, Alarm.com, FIBARO, Ingersoll Rand Nexia Intelligence, Jasco Products, LEEDARSON, LG Uplus, Nortek Security & Control, SmartThings and Sigma Designs. Alliance members lead the home controls market, providing leading edge products and systems that deliver increased comfort, convenience, energy conservation, safety and security.
Z-Wave Europe GmbH
Mario Schubert, Marketing & PR Manager
Phone: +49 (0) 3723 80 99 063
c/o Caster Communications, Inc.
Phone: +001 401 792 7080