In January 2014, Piper ushered in a new standard of home monitoring, security and automation, making it easier than ever to connect via mobile device to what’s important.
Piper expands on that with the introduction of Piper nv in January 2015. Piper nv boasts 180-degree night vision (the widest field of night vision view available in the market), advanced camera resolution and a faster ARM processor to the already comprehensive Piper feature set.
Still accessible and controlled by your mobile device, Piper nv is ideal for those looking to enhance their engagement with their homes and families while away–night or day!
Piper nv’s features include:
- Night Vision: 180-degree day/night vision–the widest field of view available in the market–offers a clear and complete view of your home no matter the time of day. Night vision kicks in automatically once the room starts getting dark.
- Advanced camera resolution: the 3.4 megapixel camera sensor ensures you don’t miss any details!
- Faster ARM processor: allows for additional high-performance computing, which will enable advanced software enhancements and eventually allow Piper to take a more central role in the smart home of tomorrow.
It also includes standard Piper features:
- Security: Customize three security modes (home, away and vacation), motion detector and piercing, 105- decibel siren. (2,3)
- Automation: Integrate Z-Wave accessories into Piper’s security modes, control them remotely, on a schedule, or using environmental data. (1, 2, 4)
- HD Panoramic camera: 180° fisheye lens, electronic pan, tilt, and zoom, 1080p camera sensor with night vision (5).
- Customized alerts: Phone call, text message, email, and push notifications to users and their trusted circle when security rules are triggered. (3)
- Environmental sensors: Monitor and control home temperature, humidity, ambient light and sound. (4)
- Elegant Design: Simple, intuitive app. Stunning, compact, two-toned form with brushed metal legs.
- Smart Hardware: ARM processor, battery backup, internal memory for video storage, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- Android & iOS support: Available on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Two-way audio: Talk directly to occupants through Piper through its app on your mobile device.
- Multi-Piper functionality: Support up to five different Pipers within a home so you always have visibility and control over your different spaces.
- Bedside mode: Featuring an active panic button, Bedside mode lets users manually turn on a siren in case of an emergency. Easy to reach and quick to access for fast action, users can now set Piper to Bedside mode before going to sleep for a more secure environment at night.
Pricing & Availability:
Piper nv comes in white and black and is available at getpiper.com starting at $249 USD on January 21, 2015.
Piper was created by Russell Ure in 2012 and is powered by Icontrol Networks, which provides a connected home solution for every household, so people worldwide spend less time managing their lives and more time living them.
Follow Piper on Social Media:
Lindsey R. Coyle
Highwire PR for Piper