Frankfurt, HR – Light + Building 2018 – Hall 9.1, Booth E46 – March 18-23, 2018 — CBCC Domotique SAS is a French company which was created in April 2013 to design, develop, manufacture and market home automation ("HA") peripheral devices, i.e. connected devices for the command and control of devices in the home ranging from heating/AC to alarm systems, to shutters, windows, doors, garage doors, gates and other points of entry, to lights and power outlets, to presence, flooding and smoke detectors, to sirens and doorbells, to audio-video systems, etc.
To do this, CBCC Domotique opted to use for its devices the Z-Wave® wireless home automation communication protocol, which is today the most widely-used HA radio protocol. As of January 1st 2018, more than 2400 different devices have been Z-Wave® certified resulting in cumulative total of 94 million Z-Wave devices worldwide. The Z-Wave Alliance now has over 700 member companies and Z-Wave technology has been chosen by some of the biggest services providers in the world for the HA offer, be they telcos, utilities and security/alarm companies. The main advantage of the Z-Wave technology over some of the other HA communications protocols is that the interoperability of all Z-Wave® devices is guaranteed by an extremely rigorous certification process and that the user can thus create a network of home automation devices from different manufacturers having absolute certainty that they will work together. For more information aboutZ-Wave®, see https://zwavealliance.org
The products of CBCC Domotique are marketed under its own Swiid® brand name (Simple Wireless Integrated Devices) and introduce on the market its first product, the SwiidInter™ Z-Wave® cord switch in 2015.
SwiidInter™ is an in-line Z-Wave® cord switch which the team at CBCC Domotique developed from scratch. It is in fact a dual purpose device :
- In the first place it is a remote controlled switch enabling the user to operate remotely the lamp on the cord of which it is installed, while the lamp remains operable manually;but it is also
- A one-button remote control with which the user can trigger programmed scenarios on a Z-Wave® hub or can operate directly up to 8 other Z-Wave® devices on the same network, e.g. the plug of a lamp at the other end of the room, a lamp equipped with another SwiidInter™ cord switch, roller blinds or shutters, a siren, etc.
SwiidInter™ is currently still the only remotely controlled inline cord switch in the Z-Wave® world. In size, it is quite similar to an ordinary cord switch and is mounted on the electric cord in the same way. Its compliance with CE standards (specific for cord switches) has been attested to by LCIE, the largest French control laboratory for electrical and electronic equipment for loads up to 660 W. SwiidInter™ has of course alsobeen Z-Wave® certified.
SwiidInter™ is a "classical" Z-Wave® product as the Z-Wave-Plus stack was not finalized when CBCC Domotique was developing the software for its SwiidInter™. In view of the wide acceptance of this device, a new and improved Z-Wave Plus version is being developed and should be available in the second half of 2018.
When the SwiidInter ™ was launched commercially, CBCC Domotique decided to introduce under its Swiid® brand name two other Z-Wave® devices developed by third parties : a Z-Wave® adapter on/off plug, SwiidPlug™, and a pre-paired starter pack, SwiidPack™
Allows the user to turn on and off remotely any type of electrical device plugged into its socket.
- One of the smaller Z-Wave® adapter plugs available on the market
- Size (excluding in-wall section): 54 x 50 x 61 mm
- Technical characteristics: 230V ~ / 3600W max. / IP20
- Z-Wave® association capacity
- Suitable for all types of light bulbs
The basic SwiidPack ™ contains:
– 1 SwiidInter™ cord switch
– 1 SwiidPlug™ plug-in socket
– 1 wireless wall switch/controller (Z-WAVE> ME)
- Plug-and-play solution to automate lighting in a room without needing new wires
- The three elements are pre-included and pre*associated in the factory into he wall switch/controller's own Z-Wave® network. Can be dissociated for integration into a wider Z-Wave® network
- The wall switch is a full Z-Wave® controller. Operates on 2 AAAA 1.5V mini batteries (LR8D425). Can be mounted onto any wall surface (no pattress box). Size: 8 x 8 cm
Because the SwiidInter™ can be used as a one-button remote control, CBCC Domotique became interested in remote controls, as it was felt that in certain instances it is a more user-friendly way to control Z-Wave® especially in a single room than smart phone : no need to grab the smartphone, make sure it is connected to Wi-Fi, load up the Z-Wave® control app, wait until the app has scanned the entire Z-Wave® network, navigate to the right room and then switch on or off the desired device. So much easier to reach for a local remote control which resides in the room. This led to the development of the vintage-looking RemSwiid™ remote control and its big brother the more hi-tech eRemSwiid™ remote control.
The vintage-looking RemSwiid™ is a full Z-Wave Plus controller which was certified in the 3rd quarter of 2017 and which will be commercially available in the 2nd quarter of 2018. This a table-top remote control which is covered in genuine leather with wood sides. Although it is certified as a primary ZWave® controller, the device will probably be used as a secondary controller placed in one specific room and dedicated to controlling only those devices which one wants to control from that location.
The key characteristics of the RemSwiid™ are:
- Control buttons for 8 groups of up to 8 ZWave® devices each and/or for scenarios programmed on a primary Z-Wave® hub
- Identification of the devices keys by easily interchangeable pictograms. arge selection of pictograms provided
- 12 LEDs to identify the commands issued by the user • Can create associations between two or moreseparate devices in the Z-Wave® network
- Available in any of 20 color combinations: 4 colors of leather and 5 shades of wood. Leather/wood configurator available at www.swiid.com/en/produits.html#remsw • Pack includes a foldable magnetic wall mount
- Works on 2 AA batteries. Estimated battery life at 12 months
The eRemSwiid™ is a modern version of the vintage-looking RemSwiid™. From a Z-Wave® point of view it is functionally exactly the same as the vintage-looking RemSwiid™ and is programmed and operate in the exact same way. It will be certified as an extension of the vintage-looking RemSwiid™ and should be available commercially by the 4th quarter of 2018.
The major difference is that the pictograms of the control buttons images on a TFT screen underneath the buttons which are themselves transparent and the images/icons can be programmed by the user by plugging the eRemSwiid™ into a Windows computer and running a simple free ad-hoc application. The user will be able to use pictograms from an existing library or to create his own from any existing image file: the image file will be automatically reworked to the appropriate size (52x52 pixels) and file format : white background pictures are recommended for reasons of highlighting (see characteristics). The key characteristics of the eRemSwiid™ are:
- Device and command keys for 8 groups of up to 8 Z-Wave® devices each and/or for 8 scenarios programmed on a primary Z-Wave® hub
- Identification of the device keys by editable images. Free key editor app under Windows
- Commands issued by the user identified by highlighting of device and command keys
- Can create associations between two or more separate devices in the Z-Wave® network
- Works on rechargeable batteries. Table-top charging base and AC wall adapter provided
- Battery-saving time-out and wake up by touch on the capacitive metal shield
SwiidCam+ is an autonomous Z-Wave® PTZ IP camera gateway, based on the award-winning IC731z from StarVedia combining:
- A certified Z-Wave Plus gateway
- A Wi-Fi camera with the following features :
– Pan, tilt and zoom (PTZ)
– Twin lens/sensor camera : daylight and IR
– Two-way voice over IP built-in
– Local storage on SD card (card not provided)
– Time lapse recording
– Built in multi-level motionand sound sensors as well as sound alarm signal
– Easy plug-and-play installation feature
- A rechargeable battery pack, enabling for the user to roam wirelessly with the SwiidCam+™ within the range of the local WIFI network
The SwiidCam+View™ application is available free on both the Apple App Store and on Google Play respectively in iOS and Android versions. This application provides an intuitive user interface for setting up and operating a SwiidCam+™. Finally, the SwiidCam+™ is Alexa-enabled and can therefore be operated via Amazon Echo and should soon be IFTTT-enabled
For more information, please visit our website at www.swiid.com
CBCC Domotique's two founding partners are:
Created CBCC Sarl and then CBCC Domotique after a career of nearly 40 years in investment banking (mergers and acquisitions)
Has focused on home automation since 2010, using his professional experience in finance and his pluri-national background to develop his new-found passion for HA
Founder in 1995) and CEO of AP&SI, a software development company
Has diversified AP&SI into IoT specialist. Please visit his dedicated website at www.consultantiot.com as well as his general overall website at www.ap-si.com
For further information, please contact:
CBCC Domotique SAS, 27 avenue de l'Opéra,75001 Paris, FRANCE / Tel : +33-6 72 29 30 24 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org